Topic 2 and its HL extras is quite daunting! It includes Cell respiration and Photosynthesis, as well the biology associated with water, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and nucleic acids and protein synthesis. A most important starting point is the basic chemistry necessary to understand the more complex sections.
The content is included as separate sub-pages. Hover your mouse over the lead page, Molecular Biology – Topic 2, or use the sub-page links below and you can choose the pages you need.
- Basic chemistry for molecular biology: https://johnosborneabcbiology.wordpress.com/molecular-biology-topic-2/molecular-biology/
- Water 2.2: https://johnosborneabcbiology.wordpress.com/molecular-biology-topic-2/2-2-water/
- Nucleic acids, incl. protein synthesis 2.6/2.7 + Topic 7 HL: https://johnosborneabcbiology.wordpress.com/molecular-biology-topic-2/topic-7-hl-nucleic-acids/
- CELL RESPIRATION 2.8 + 8.2 HL: https://johnosborneabcbiology.wordpress.com/molecular-biology-topic-2/cell-respiration-2-8-8-2-hl/
- Photosynthesis 2.9 + 8.3 HL: https://johnosborneabcbiology.wordpress.com/molecular-biology-topic-2/photosynthesis-2-9-core-8-3-hl/
Because there is nowhere else to publish/save thee, here is a collection of IB Pas Paper questions on the topics of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids (incl DNA replication)