POWERPOINT on THE STRUCTURE OF DNA: DNA STRUCTURE
POWERPOINT: NUCLEIC ACIDS + PROTEIN SYNTHESIS: NUCLEIC ACIDS PPT PROTEIN SYNTHESIS
POWERPOINT: DNA REPLICATION: DNA REPLICATION PPT
All the relevant pages from BIOLOGY IN CONTEXT for Cambridge International A Level, peter and Susan Toole
WHAT IS JUNK DNA?
DNA MODEL-BUILDING ASSIGNMENT:
Taq polymerase is a thermostable DNA polymerase named after the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticusfrom which it was originally isolated by Thomas D. Brock in 1965 It is often abbreviated to “Taq Pol” (or simply “Taq“), and is frequently used in polymerase chain reaction (PCR), a method for greatly amplifying short segments of DNA.
T. aquaticus is a bacterium that lives in hot springs and hydrothermal vents, and Taq polymerase was identified as an enzyme able to withstand the protein-denaturing conditions (high temperature) required during PCR. Therefore it replaced the DNA polymerase from E. coli originally used in PCR. Taq’s optimum temperature for activity is 75–80°C, with a half-life of greater than 2 hours at 92.5°C, 40 minutes at 95°C and 9 minutes at 97.5°C, and can replicate a 1000 base pair strand of DNA in less than 10 seconds at 72°C.
GEL ELECTROPHORESIS EXPLAINED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtxb6Tr8Y3s
PROTEIN SYNTHESIS – a powerpoint: Proteins synthesis ppt
These are most of the other resources which I used April 2015:
- DNA, DNA replication, Protein synthesis. Powerpoint: DNA DNA REPLICATION AND PROTEIN SYNTHESIS Core
- What is Junk DNA? What is Junk DNA
- Protein synthesis HL. Powerpoint: Protein Synthesis ppt HL
- One gene, one enzyme theory and the development of understandingabout protein synthesis: One gene one enzyme theory
- Transcription and gene expression – detail. Powerpoint: transcription and gene expression detail new
- IB Stephen Taylor. Transcription & Translation. Powerpoint: transcription translation stephen taylor
- The detail of translation. Powerpoint: translation detail new
- HL Test: HL test may 2015